Argentina the Tango Homeland organizes a great celebration of tango events every year in Buenos Aires. The festival hosts an audience of local dancers and guests who come especially from all over the world to the largest and most important tango festival in the world.
Due to the numerous visitors during the festival days and the high demand for accommodations it is recommended to check hotel rates and book rooms well in advance.
The most significant event of the festival is Tango World Championship – “Mundial de Tango“. The contest has two categories:
- The first is improvised dance when the competitors are required to improvise dancing to unfamiliar music.
- The second is choreographed stage tango.
Among other events, the festival visitors can enjoy cultural offerings as:
- More than fifty music and dance productions
- Quality shows performed by famous artists
- The best bands’ performances
- Special events: various discussions, book launch, and various views.
- Unique tango events for children and for the next generation of dancers
Entrance is free for all events that take place throughout the city. Updated information is present in the “Turismo Buenos Aires” link website. See details below, under “Event Related Information” section.