Cairo International Film Festival (CIFF) began in 1976 and became the first international film festival in the Middle East.
The Cairo Festival is the only cinema event in the Middle East and Africa that has been recognized as a competitive festival by the International Federation of Film Producers Associations (FIAPF), the regulatory organization that sets the rules for competition at the world’s largest and most important film festivals.
The festival aims to bring together filmmakers from Arab countries with colleagues from other countries and to expose the Egyptian audience to the most prominent international films in the world.
CIFF OFFICIAL FILM SECTIONS AWARDS
- The Golden Pyramid Award for Best Film, presented to the producer
- The Silver Pyramid, Special Jury Award, for Best Director
- The Bronze Pyramid Award, Presented for first or second film of the Director
- Naguib Mahfouz Award for Best Screenplay
- Best Actor Award
- Best Actress Award
- Best Artistic Contribution Award
The festival’s program, venue, film submission information, film lineup information, tickets, shows time / schedule of events, etc. is present in the festival’s link website. See details below, under “Event Related Information” section.