Southwest Airlines® 2018 Chinese New Year Festival and Parade The Year of the Dog
- Chinese New Year Flower Market Fair Sat-Sun, February 10-11, 2018
- Chinese New Year’s Day Fri, February 16, 2018
- Chinese New Year Basketball Jamboree Sat, February 17, 2018
- Miss Chinatown USA Pageant Thu, February 22, 2018
- Miss Chinatown USA Coronation Ball Fri, February 23, 2018
- Southwest Airlines® Chinese New Year Parade Sat, February 24, 2018
- Chinese New Year Community Street Fair Sat-Sun, February 24-25, 2018
- SF Chinese Chamber of Commerce/CCHP/
- Chinatown YMCA Chinese New Year Run 5K/10K Run/Walk Sun, March 4, 2018
Chinatown Community Street Fair in San Francisco is held every year as an integral part of the Chinese New Year celebrations. Usually it is held on the same weekend as the traditional New Year Parade.
The Chinese community started to celebrate the Lunar New Year in 1860 and since it preserves the tradition every year.
During the holiday, more than 500,000 people locals and tourists visit the city. The demand for lodging is extremely high thus it is recommended to check for prices and book a room well in advance.
Dozens of fair stands offer art stuff, kits to built tradition Chinese lantern, colorful flower market, etc…
In addition the visitors can enjoy:
- Diverse folklore shows
- Traditional dance
- Acrobatic shows
- Lions’ performances
- Magicians show, etc…
Attractive prices suited for all budgets. Many hotels suggest FREE CANCELLATION option or
NO PREPAYMENT NEEDED – PAY AT THE PROPERTY. Get Immediate confirmation by email