The TD Ottawa Jazz Festival is taking to the stage this year, both virtually and in-person.Improvising musicians are among the most creative people in the world. They thrive in the unknown. Rise past a challenge. Express themselves best in the moment. Lock them down? Their art will flourish.
The festival invite you to join, and listeners around the world from June 19th – 28th, for a dozen unforgettable—and unrepeatable—musical presentations, where we’ll delve to the heart of improvisation and creative collaboration. Each performance will be preceded by a live conversation with the principal artists, conducted by journalist James Hale of DownBeat magazine.
Tenacity is all about flourishing, creating in the moment, and overcoming adversity with art. So, we can’t enjoy a golden sunset and star-filled evening in Confederation Park, or share the intimacy of the NAC’s Fourth Stage, but we
have the music, and we have the creative artists who can transport us to magic
spaces of the mind. #TENACITY
- Fri, June 19 7pm, Free improvisation experiment with Kris Davis, Lina Allemano and Anna Webber
- Sat, June 20 5pm, Tin Men and The Telephone’s present the GREATEST show in a live interactive performance
- Sat, June 20 7pm, BadBadNotGood
- Sun, June 21 7pm, Sea to Sea: Both Sides Now Tentet
- Mon, June 22 7pm, The Prime Rib Big Band feat. Joel Frahm
- Tues, June 23 7pm, Dan Tepfer: Natural Machines in a live performance
- Wed, June 24 7pm, Elisapie
- Thurs, June 25 5pm, Joe Morris Instantiation in a live performance
- Fri, June 26 7pm, Kellylee Evans: LockedDown/OpenedUp
- Sat, June 27 5pm, Hayden Chisolm: D.K. Heroes
- Sat, June 27 7pm, Ottawa’s Jazz Masters with Roddy Ellias, John Geggie, Steve Boudreau and Michael Hanna
- Sun, June 28 7pm, Tenacity Collage: Oscar Peterson’s Hymn To Freedom with 32 musicians
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1576429002515827/
Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/ottawajazz/?hl=en
Twitter page: https://twitter.com/ottawajazz?lang=en
Youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/OttawaJazzFestival/
TD Ottawa Jazz Festival is held since 1980. The festival hosts known artists from Canada and from all over the world.
It is known as one of the greatest and leading jazz festivals in Canada. The concerts take place on several locations in the downtown core.
The festival’s events are great summer fiesta for music and jazz lovers. The festival’s program, lineup information is present in the festival’s website below, under “Event related information” section.